Microsoft Windows 10 is very much stable operating system. It has many good features and support tablet mode on various hardware. Likely to the Android and other mobile operating system, Windows 10 also provide feature to lock or allow internet to particular application.
Windows Defender is preconfigured and very good in performance; it is an antivirus of Microsoft. If you have internet connection (off course) to your system you must keep it enable to make sure your system is secure.
Windows Defender can be used to block internet to particular program, like if you don’t want to update a program you can stop internet connection to it.
1. Press Windows key and type “Windows Security” and open it.
2. Click on “Firewall and network protection”
3. Click on “Allow an app through firewall”
4. If it is showing disabled then enable it by clicking on button “Change Settings” on upper right corner.
There is list of application passing / blocking through firewall.
If you did not find your program listed there, you can add it.
To add your program in defender:
5. Click on “Allow another app…” button and select your program (where ever it is located in your system)
6. Uncheck the tic box prefixed to your program to block it and if you want to provide only private connection then click on both check box at right columned as “Private” and “Public” and then uncheck “Public” one.
7. Now, save the changes by saying “OK” and you are done.
In advance to upper mentioned settings, you can also restrict or allow programs by clicking on “Advance setting” option; it will open “Windows Defender Firewall with Advance Security” which has more features to set the firewall.
You can also find your program here and allow/block internet to it.
Find More to read at https://www.tcp-route.com/blogs